Atomic Fez Publishing is Currently
CLOSED to all Submissions
That said, read below for future reference.
Guidelines for Submitting Your Manuscript
No, seriously, no-one wants to read your journal about how you sailed a llama across Antarctica with only a jar of mustard to guide you. Your mother may have told you that "you can do anything you set your mind to", but she's your mother and they're notorious for boosting the hopes of their children so then when failure arrives they can berate their offspring for having not become a dentist like they were told to.
"Issues…"? What do you mean by that…?
However, if you really are determined to have your work considered for publication by Atomic Fez, here's a few pointers to get things going. Please remember, while the operation is atomic powered, this is a small operation, so both money and human energy are limited.
Foremost, please note that Atomic Fez is not an "Authors' Fulfillment House" masquerading as a publisher. There are many firms which will happily 'publish' your book as long as you pay them enough for the editing, printing, and so on. That's not what this is.
If Atomic Fez chooses to publish your work, you will not be asked for money to pay for things; that's not the author's problem. This is a real publisher; authors are paid for the rights to publish their writings, and it's up to Atomic Fez Publishing to get books out to shops, reviewers, and customers who order copies directly. Writers are asked to help in any way possible, and everyone benefits by writers assisting in the selling of their books.
Do keep in mind, however, that this is not a major publishing house with huge teams of staff to accomplish everything in a day, so our catalog is limited to the number of titles which can be published with both ability to afford and time in the day (in addition to packaging and shipping orders, printing brochures for dealers, feeding the cats, and occasionally talking to the postman).
- any submission accompanied by bottle(s) of wine will receive priority consideration;
- the soonest publication date for any un-signed work is probably eighteen months to two years from now at the earliest, but three years is more likely;
- to save on paper and postage costs, send an e-mail with a short break down of the work (not how great it is, or how great you are, or how easy it will be to sell; a two-page explanation of the story itself, please), and then if it's something that Atomic Fez might like to think about seriously, you'll be asked to send a copy of the manuscript in some sort of electronic form;
- any material submitted (in the initial or even the secondary step) is automatically cleared for simultaneous submission to other publishers, and whichever house makes the author an offer first is 'the winner';
- non-fiction will only be considered in very limited circumstances [cf: use of wine];
- poetry will not be considered at all (all the wine in the world — even if delivered by oiled dancing women tossing rose petals — will not change this);
- do not submit work for consideration before it is entirely complete, or at least at that stage where you've been fiddling with it for so long that some points have changed back and forth so often you're not sure how things were in the first set of revisions (and if you don't understand that immediately, you probably haven't worked on it enough yet);
- any artists offering their services for cover work should send a few selected .JPG files no bigger than 1000 PX in any direction, and no file larger than 1 MB, however feel free to put three or four in a .ZIP file which is less than 5 MB when compressed;
- if wine isn't possible, single malt whisky is an appropriate substitute